Global day of action to defend civil rights in New Zealand
Please join one of the actions to protest at the misuse of the terrorism laws by the New Zealand Government and police.
- Auckland: Demonstration Saturday Oct 27th at 12 noon meeting in Aotea Square.
- Hamilton: Protest Sat 27th, meet 12 noon @ Garden Place.
- Whanganui: Rally and march Saturday October 27th at 12 noon. Meet at the River Traders Market on Moutoa Quay (behind Taupo Quay).
- Wellington: Protest Sat 27th, meet 12 noon @ Midland Park.
- Christchurch: A solidarity rally and march will be held in Cathedral Square at 12noon on Saturday Oct 27th, followed by a picnic with live music
- Dunedin: Picnic on Sunday Oct 28th to discuss the Terrorism Suppression Act, Tuhoe history and Parihaka. 12 noon - 2:30pm, Otago Museum Reserve.
- Melbourne, Australia: A solidarity demonstration will be held Saturday 27th in Federation Square, 12noon.
- Sydney: Thursday, October 25, at 5.30 pm outside the NZ consulate (55 Hunter St Downtown Sydney City)
Please consider making a donation to the defence fund to support the accused and their families. Particularly now that the Wellington cases are to be moved to Auckland, families will face greater ongoing travel and accommodation costs.