Joe Hendren

[ Home ] [ Articles ] [ Blog Home ] [ Travel ] [ Links] [About Me]

Monday, May 04, 2009

This blog is now five years old


This blog is now five years old. I don't think I will be in trouble with the Ministry of Education if I do not enroll my blog at school, even though it has reached the age it should start compulsory education :)

Sitemeter Hits since May 2, 2004: 42876
Hits last month: 932

I know by the standards of some blogs these numbers are small, but I am happy being in the little leagues. I know I could get much higher traffic if I changed format to a high number of short postings, instead of blogged down long ones. I don't intend to, as I see no point in being a news service - there are plenty of websites that cater for that. Instead I saw more value in reflections and analysis after the immediacy of the news had died down, as I don't think this is something the mainstream media do particularly well. So I aim to write the kind of things I value myself, in the hope there a few more people in the world who value the same kind of thing.

Comments and feedback from readers is welcome :)

PS: This post is a little late as I had a fun weekend at the MayDay celebration at Blackball on the West Coast - 101 years since the famous miners strike. Yeah, I know, most people would head along to the 100th anniversary instead :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:15 pm, Blogger Paul said...

Congratulations! Don't go changing.

 
At 9:33 pm, Blogger Sandra said...

Nice to hear your views in the same room at the weekend Joe, though I didn't connect blog and person at the time. I was the woman with the toddler who spoke about invisible work.

I'll let you know when I get the Blackball working class history project blog up and running.

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger Joe Hendren said...

Cheers Paul :)

Thanks for saying hi Sandra. I enjoyed our group discussion at blackball.

Please do let me know when you have the blackball working class history project blog is up and running - quite happy to give you a linky :)

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Joe
Thanks, it's up and running now:
lifeofworkingpeople.blogspot.com

Would you be up for guest posting for us on your experience of Blackball, May Day, what it meant for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home