Telecom Alternative Annual Report now available
From the Council of Trade Unions. I will update the post when a weblink to the PDF document becomes available. Given Telecom released their annual report this week, the following should also be of interest to investors.
Telecom Alternative Annual Report 2009
- OECD leader! – Top 5 highest prices, but amongst lowest reinvestment in infrastructure.
- Terminator! – Commerce Commission says Telecom’s termination charges are twice as high as they should be.
- Walk the talk! – Dragging its feet over opening up the network to competition.
- Top gear! – New mobile network interfered with rival’s signals before launch because of lack of filters.
- Roger that! – Perennial nominee in Roger Award for Worst Transnational Corporation – Winner 2004 and 2007!
- Roaming! – Call centres offshored.
- Chorus of disapproval – Telecom lines division Chorus hangs engineers out to dry.
- Vision problem – Telecom turning blind eye to Visionstream’s ugly dependent contractor model.
- BYO – If you want a job, bring your own van and equipment – decent income not included.
- Our most important asset – You’d think Telecom would have more concern for skills shortage workers essential to its business, not allow its contractor to drive down their earnings, put them at risk of bankruptcy, and maybe lose them from the industry altogether.
- Own goal – It’s Telecom’s cables that won’t get fixed if engineers have to cut corners to try and squeeze a living out of the job. Guess who else loses? That’s right – you, the customer.